20 Nov 2023

Give Me the Madness of My Ladybird

The Ladybird - from the Pink Series 
by Stephen Alexander (2023)
 
 
I'm hoping that the visit of a ladybird - perhaps looking for a warm place to stay over winter - will bring something good my way. 
 
Because although there are those who say it's vulgar to wish for luck - even when carried on the wings of a such a noble insect - I really feel in the need of a change of fortune, as 2023 has neither been a very happy nor a very healthy year. 
 
And one gets tired - and bored - of being miserable and feeling unwell.     
 
So, little ladybird, with your scarlet wings and black spots, work your healing magic. I've had my fill of the seven sorrows, so let me now know one or two of the seven joys. 
 
Or as Count Dionys would say: Gib mir den Wahnsinn meines Marienkäfers!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment